Home » History

History


Started its journey as a GOVERNMENT AIDED “SITANATH CHAKRABORTY PATHSHALA” popularly known as BANGLA SCHOOL at that time.

1863
The Lieutenant Governor sanctioned a grant of Rs. 16.00 a month in aid and subsequently promoted the Institution (Pathshala) as the Bankura Vernacular School and also granted a donation of Rs. 100.00 for the purchase of school apparatus.


Yogesh Chandra Roy Vidyanidhi, Eminent Scholar, was admitted in this institution as a student.

1875
Ramananda Chattopadhyay, Eminent Journalist and Editor of the reputed journal- PRABASHI, secured a prestigious scholarship.

1890
First School building burned at Podderpukur and Secretary Sri Harihar Mukhopadhyay with help of Government of Bengal.

1894
School building burned second time and transferred from Podderpukur to Machantola, Bankura.

1901
The School Promoted to Middle English School.

1922
Then The Secretary, Babu Surya Narayan Mukhopadhyay had taken leased the building for 50 years from the Govt.

1949
The School Promoted to Madhyamik Vidyalay(10th Class). Eminent Educationalist Dr. Shyamaprasad Mukhopadhyay visited the school.

1950
Sri Kailashnath Kataju, Then the Governor, West Bengal, visited the school.

1957
The President of Managing Committee, Sri Anathbandhu Roy, joined as Health Minister, Govt. of West Bengal.

1963
Promoted to Higher Secondary

1972
Again taken leased for 30 years from the Govt.

2004
District Computer Centre Started it’s journey.

2006
Science, Vocational Stream and Co-education System begins.